Tenofovir alafenamide fumarate, also known as Vemilidy, is an antiviral drug commonly used to treat hepatitis B. This antiviral fixed-dose combination drug has a molar mass of 476.474 g·mol−1 and is sold by Genvoya, Odefsey, and Descovy.
What is Tenofovir Alafenamide Fumarate?
Molar Mass: 476.474
CAS Number: 379270-37-8
Chemical Formula: C21H24D5N6O5P .C4H4O4
Therapeutic Category: Antiviral
Storage: -20C in Freezer
Suitable for: Adults
Drug Class: Hepatitis B Virus Nucleoside Analog Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor.
Approved Indications (1):
As per the clinical trials, there is one approved indication of Tenofovir Alafenamide Fumarate drug:
- Immune System Diseases
Experimental Indications (54):
As per clinical trials 1-4, the drug can be used in the following categories:
- Anesthesia and Analgesia (Phase 1)
- Bone Diseases, Metabolic (Phase 4)
- Hepatitis B virus (Phase 4)
- Hepatitis C, Chronic (Phase 4)
- Hepatitis D, Chronic (Phase 2)
- Herpes Simplex (Phase 1)
- HIV Seropositivity (Phase 3)
- Infectious Disease Transmission, Vertical (Phase 4)
- Insulin Resistance (Phase 1)
- Kidney Transplantation (Phase 4)
- Leukemia, Lymphoid (Phase 2)
- Liver Transplantation (Phase 4)
- Lymphoma, Large B-Cell, Diffuse (Phase 2)
- Multiple Sclerosis, Relapsing-Remitting (Phase 2)
- Neoplasms (Phase 3)
- Opioid-Related Disorders (Phase 4)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Phase 4)
- Tuberculosis, Pulmonary (Phase 2)
- Virus Diseases (Phase 4)
Clinical Trials (154):
A total of 154 trials were carried out in four phases. 182 organizations took part in the trial.
Common side effects seen with the consumption of this medication are:
Consult with your doctor if you see mental illness, kidney problems, liver and blood problems, and lactic acidosis.
Tenofovir alafenamide fumarate is an antiviral drug that is used in the treatment of the hepatitis B virus. This fixed-dose combination drug is also sometimes used in treating HIV. It has a molar mass of 476.474 g·mol−1 and is commonly sold by Vemilidy. You can take this drug orally with a 25 mg per day dosage. Some common side effects can include headache, nausea, and tiredness.